My wife walked in the door. I was sitting in the recliner…the exact same spot I was when she left for work that morning. I was snacking on some chips, without a job, severely overweight, and (best I can remember) was still in my undies. 😳
On the TV? CT Townsend, one of my favorite preachers.
“What in the world kind of picture is this?”
If that’s what you’re asking yourself, I really don’t blame you. That version of me from 2015 is almost unrecognizable today.
By the grace of God, today I’ve:
- Built a web design agency from the ground up
- Written four books on faith and reason
- Lost 60lbs and built a habit of (mostly 😅) clean eating
- Recorded hundreds of podcast episodes
- Had 4 kids with my beautiful wife
- Created two online courses and a mentorship program
- Written for international publications
It’s actually pretty simple: I voluntarily read a book.
To be specific, I read The New Atkins for a New You in a desperate attempt to leave behind the habits (and the heft) that culminated in a 278lb, “eat-everything-in-sight” lifestyle.
I wasn’t much of a reader—or a writer—in school. But when I read that book, did what it said, and radically changed my life as a result…it changed everything.
Around that same time, I was also going through a bit of a crisis of faith. I grew up in a Christian home and a Christian school, and by that time had spent a few years in Christian ministry as a professional musician. But I felt God asking me to do more. It felt like he wanted me to become a preacher.
But I HATED public speaking! And…to be honest, I had never really thought about my convictions all that deeply. Was it all really true? Could I stake the rest of my life on what I was taught growing up?
The next book I read was Lee Strobel’s, The Case for Faith. Then, it was Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover. I was hooked. The next few years, I read books, listened to podcasts, and watched YouTube videos, becoming self-educated in the subjects of faith, finance, business, marketing, philosophy, science, family, writing, etc.
Soon, voracious consumption turned into voracious production. I fell in love with creating, educating, and sharing what I’ve learned with anyone who will listen.
And it all culminates on this website you are reading right now.
In short, I love to educate others by creating free resources, online courses, and mentorship opportunities, and help others educate by building eLearning websites that help passionate creators share their knowledge.
What I Do
I own NorthMac Services, a boutique marketing and web design agency focused on creating beautiful, easy to use WordPress eLearning websites for course creators, membership owners, and online educators of all types.
- Have a message you want to teach or share with the world…
- Have tried to build your own eLearning website (or tried to use used one of those learning platform sites but couldn’t quite figure it out)…
- Or are ready to invest in a learning platform and want to work with an experienced team to make sure it gets done right…
Why Read This Blog?
It’s a completely fair question. After all, there are no gatekeepers. Anyone can say almost anything they want.
Writing is the way that humans have expressed intent to record and pass down knowledge for thousands of years.
Sure, the mediums change. First, it was stone tablets. Now it’s digital tablets.
Still, the next generation will learn from and live by the knowledge that is shared in this generation. As a parent of four kiddos, I think about that a lot.
Here’s a snapshot of the kind of questions and ideas I am thinking through–and writing about–on a regular basis:
- How should humans communicate in the 21st century?
- Why do some ideas stick around and others die a painful death?
- How do I get more done without sacrificing my family time?
- What design trends and marketing ideas are currently winning?
- How can I build a sustainable business that provides for my family?
- Why should I do business with your company?
- What should I expect when building a new online course?
I invite you to explore the articles page and see if anything resonates with you. I also have some products and services available to buy and would love to explore the possibility of working together.
Want to know a bit more?
Here are some things I love:
— Working in Christian ministry
— Playing music
— Loving on my family
— Eating keto
— Listening to podcasts
— Studying the Bible
— Nearly anything made by Apple
— Reading/listening to books
— Writing books
— Fellowshipping with my church
Hope to catch up with ya!
P.S. My comment policy is…leave them! I love to interact. If you want to express appreciation for my writing or even challenge my ideas, please do! I welcome the interaction.
Want to hear from me?
If so, I would like to invite you to join my email list.
Here are three promises, if you do:
- I will only send you an email when I am fully convinced there is a lesson of value for you to learn.
- I believe in my products and services. I will occasionally let you know when something new and/or valuable is available for you.
- I will never give your personal information to someone else. It is safe with me.